Luminarts Cultural Foundation Architecture Fellowship
The Architecture Fellowship of the Luminarts Cultural Foundation is pleased to award one $5,000 Luminarts Fellowship for excellence in architectural design work. This opportunity is offered in conjunction with the Chicago-Midwest Chapter of the Institute of Classical Architecture & Art. Consequently, proposals that demonstrate the candidate’s greatest potential for contribution to the continuum of Classical design will be most strongly considered. Awardees will be invited to attend all Chicago-Midwest ICAA programming and events – educational and social – over the course of one year, free of charge. Once an individual has been designated a Luminarts Fellow, they are eligible to apply for further Fellow Project Grants through the Foundation. Awardee will receive notice of their fellowship on or before August 15th, and will be honored with a public presentation at the ICAA’s Acanthus Awards ceremony on November 18, 2017.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years old on the date of application;
- Be currently enrolled in, or have completed, a degree program, or other professional architect development program;
- Live within 150 miles of the Chicago Loop.
Four components must be included with each application. These include:
- An edited portfolio including no more than three (3) examples of your work, each project formatted to one 8-1/2×11” (portrait or landscape) page, with as much or as little descriptive text included on the page as you deem warranted. The portfolio should be submitted as a single, 3-page document. No cover or title page is necessary.
- A career statement outlining your objectives in the realm of architecture, how becoming a Luminarts Fellow would help support those objectives, and how you envision your talents impacting the greater Chicago community. This statement may not exceed 600 words.
- Two professional reference letters. This letter should include the name and contact information of your reference.
- A current Curriculum Vitae (1 page maximum).
Each component should be submitted in PDF format, via email addressed to: email@example.com. Filenames shall be composed in the following format: current year, first initial & last name of applicant, and document title (e.g. “2017-JDoe-portfolio.pdf”). Submissions must be received by Monday, July 31st at 11:59pm.
While applicants may reapply to the Luminarts Fellowship annually, they are only eligible to receive the Fellowship award once.
For questions about eligibility or more information about the Fellowship visit our FAQs page on the website (http://luminarts.org) or contact Luminarts directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.